Enhancing Our Services With Drone Technology
Drone technology has revolutionized traditional property condition assessments (PCAs). Using high-resolution videography and photography, drones offer a safe, quick, and cost-effective visual method to evaluate a wide range of properties and facility types. In some instances, drones can replace the use of scaffolding, lifts, swing staging, and other forms of access, saving labor resources and reducing overall costs. Consider using drones as the first option for inaccessible areas and logistically difficult sites. Gale’s drones have provided evaluations for various building types, including healthcare, government, energy, military, and education. Drones provide images, video, and data that can be analyzed in real-time or remotely, and allow unlimited access to the data that may be missed via traditional field gathering techniques.
Gale provides the following drone services:
- High-rise facade and roof evaluations
- Existing condition documentation for construction sites
- Evaluations of cell towers, wind turbines, PV farms, and power transmission lines
- Infrared imaging to locate potential energy loss, moisture damage, or electronic resistance
- Property insurance condition studies and documentation for natural disasters
- Bridge, road, pavement, and aviation runway evaluation
Want to Learn More?
Click here to read our article published in Facilities Management Journal, “To the Skies: Using Drones to Evaluate a Building Enclosure. ”
Footage of Gale’s new 3D capture drone in action at “The Stone Building” in Augusta, Maine. This new technology allows Gale to fly our drone in very close proximity to buildings to capture 3D photographic models that can be used in multiple ways to aid our evaluations and designs.